Do you struggle with your energy levels or experience brain fog?
Are you always feeling like you are catching up during the day?
If you are anything like me, you may have experienced all of the above, and boy does it suck! Whenever we don’t get enough sleep we tend to bang on about it and why we can still do things throughout the day – it is not a contest, and we need to focus on looking after ourselves, especially when we live in a world where technology and using it all day and in the evenings is so normal
One of the things I love about my side hustle is the focus on reading personal development books and it has definitely helped me learn a few things so I thought I would let you know my top 5 reasons why we all need to sleep more
- “If you take care of your mind, you take care of the world”, and to take care of your mind, you must let it rest and repair. Where does it do this? In your sleep.
- You increase your alertness during the day. With more and better sleep you wake up ready to take on the day, not wanting to push the snooze button.
- Sleep makes us happier and who doesn’t want to be happier. In fact happier people are more successful, not to mention nicer to hang out with than those who are not
- You look better – yes, no dark circles under your eyes, glowing skin, it all happens in your sleep. At night your skin repairs itself which is why your night cream is different to your day cream – it supports the repair process!
- You stay in shape. Yes, I said it, you stay in shape. A lack of sleep increases your appetite and we all know where that goes, Tim Tams anyone…
So now we know why we need to sleep more, you are probably wondering what is something simple that you can adapt that doesn’t change your whole night time routine. So here it is, a simple way that is known to many…
start going to bed 15 minutes earlier at night
That’s it – simple right! So what I try to do is; each week I go to bed 15 mins earlier until my wake up time happens naturally. This means that I have found my body’s perfect sleep time. It isn’t always easy and sometimes I even have to do a sleep meditation, but sleep is so important in our tech crazy world that I am making it a priority in my life.
Why don’t you try it and see what happens and I would love to hear about your success!